Monday, August 17, 2009

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

One Back-to-School tradition I have is making the GIANT cookie for the kids for when they come home from school! I started this with Rachel's kids and now do it with my own! My sister asked me to post the recipe, so I found this picture from last year! The cookie is super good and super easy, since you only make 1 cookie!
Giant Cookie
from Hershey's Best loved Recipes
6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
_____________________
Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a round pizza pan (or I used a heart shaped cake pan for the above one) with foil. Pat dough evenly around the pan to within 3/4 inch of edge.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into wedges and enjoy!

No comments: