Thursday, March 15, 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

My Grandmother had cookies at her house probably every time we came to visit!  She had 2 varieties and they were my our families favorites!
One was a chocolate with peanut butter chips in it!  YUM!  Just thinking about them makes me want to make them!  But then I would eat them all and be in big trouble!
Well, this is a similar cookie, but you put peanut butter in it instead of the chips!  YUMMO again!!  I actually put in half peanut butter chips and half chocolate chips so it was a double chocolate double peanut butter cookie with my changes and yes they were YUMMY!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I did 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients~flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.  Set aside.

In your mixer, cream your butter and sugar.  Then add your peanut butter and beat until light and fluffy.  Add your eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.

Stir in your chocolate chips (or mixture of peanut butter and chocolate chips).

Use your cookie scoop and place on your baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.  Cookies will still be soft and will set up after cooling.  Place on a wire rack and let cool, or if you are like me, eat them while they are really warm and gooey!

No comments: