Monday, March 12, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes

Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes!
There are lots and lots of recipes for them and they are probably the easiest recipe!  You can buy mixes or make your own, but it is an easy breakfast or Breakfast Wednesday dinner!
One of my boys likes them plain with peanut butter on top and the other wants chocolate chips mixed in ~ a boy after my own heart!  In fact I forgot to add them in this morning and we almost had a pre-school breakfast melt down!
This is a great easy recipe that made quite a bit of batter.  My family of 4 was able to have 2 breakfasts with one batter.  I have all the ingredients on hand and you can make it in your blender!  Yes she recommends blending it and I didn't find my pancakes were flat or yucky by doing this!  It is a guarantee that all the ingredients are properly mixed and they cooked really nice!
So enjoy some pancakes and try a new recipe ~ maybe it will become your favorite!
Buttermilk Pancakes
  • 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour (I did 1 cup wheat and 1 cup white)
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp milk
Blend the buttermilk (I like to buy the powdered buttermilk so I always have it on hand when needed), eggs, butter and vanilla in a blender at a medium-low speed until well combined.

Slowly add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Continue to blend until the batter is thick and smooth.

Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time, until the batter is to the consistency you desire.  I have added only 2 tbsp both times I have made this!  Yes I have made this recipe already twice before posting!

Heat up your favorite skillet and cook these up!  I used a 1/3 cup and poured it on my griddle.  Then I added mini chocolate chips or blueberries to my batter.  YUM!!

No comments: