Friday, December 2, 2011

Pork Carnitas

I found this recipe in my All You magazine.  It is a crock pot recipe and I definitely need the crock pot on busy after school days!
The pork turned out tender and had lots of great flavor.  Definitely a great easy recipe that produced great leftovers for lunches too!
Pork Carnitas
(All You magazine October 2011)
  • 1 3 lb. boneless pork roast
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 large onion, quartered
  • 2 cloves garlic, cut up
I always start with spraying my crock pot with non-stick spray.  When I remember this I am always happier when it comes to clean up!

Place your pork roast into the crock pot.  The recipe says to chunk your roast into 2 inch pieces with fat trimmed.  My roast was frozen, so I kept it whole which may help prevent it from drying out too!

Sprinkle pork with salt, chili powder, cumin and oregano.  Place onion and garlic over the top and around your roast.  Cover and cook on low until meat is tender and falling apart~about 6 hours.  Shred pork and serve hot!

Serve in tortillas with shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream, avocado, spanish rice, beans, salsa or whatever you love!

No comments: