Monday, December 12, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites

This is an appetizer found on the tasty kitchen site.  I was looking for a simple but yet yummy appetizer that was bite size too!  This one also had only 3 ingredients and ones that I have on hand!
This one had rave reviews and one comment made was who couldn't like something wrapped in bacon or everything is better with bacon!
I guess that is somewhat true because these were very good and a nice simple appetizer that wasn't too big but gave you a good taste!  I brought it to a Christmas party and only came home with one!
Bacon Wrapper Pineapple Bites
  • 1 lb bacon
  • 1 can chunked pineapple~the large chunks
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan by lining it with tin foil.  Then place a cooling rack on top of it.

Cut your bacon strips in half.  Put your brown sugar in a shallow bowl.  Take a 1/2 slice of bacon and dredge it in the brown sugar.  Basically, coat your bacon with sugar.  Put a chunk of pineapple on your bacon and roll it up.  Secure it with a toothpick and place on your cooling rack.  Continue doing this until you either run out of bacon or pineapple.  The nice thing about this is that you can do as many as you want.  I had less than a pound of bacon, so I just made as many of them as I had bacon.

Bake for at least 25 minutes, or until bacon looks brown and crispy.  Your bacon bundles will drip and the foil makes sure easy clean up.  Also the drippings may smoke some, so be prepared when you open your oven.  It was recommended to turn your broiler on to crisp the bacon a little too at the end.  Just watch very carefully because the sugar will burn.

Let cool slightly and place on a serving plate and enjoy!  I let my drippings on the foil kind of solidify and then was able to just pick up the foil and throw it all away!  My pan was pretty clean underneath!

No comments: