Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chocolate Candy Pie

Oh my goodness Oh my goodness!
I can't believe in all the recipes I have posted that this one has been neglected!  It is the best and it was my dad's favorite until he became allergic to milk!  I still think it tortures him when we make it!  Sorry dad!
It is sooo good and sooo easy and loved, loved, loved by everyone!  In fact this year my family said they made 2 so everyone would be able to get another piece when Thanksgiving 2 happened!
Delicious chocolate goodness is all I can say!
Chocolate Candy Pie
(from my mom ~ circa 1968)
  • 1 pie crust or graham cracker crust
  • 20 regular sized marshmallows (fresh ones)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 bars (3 3/4 oz) milk chocolate with almonds candy bars
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whip cream
Prepare your crust first.  If doing a regular pie crust, make it and cook it in your pie tin and have cooled before you make the pie.

In a medium saucepan, combine the marshmallows and milk.  Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are melted.

Add the candy bars.  Break them into small pieces so easier to melt.  Continue cooking on low heat until chocolate is melted stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and pour into another pan to cool.  Place in freezer to cool quickly for about 10 minutes.

While its cooling, whip 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream.  Fold into cooled chocolate mixture and pour into your pie shell.

Place in your refrigerator to set up for at least 3 hours.  If you need it to be done quickly, place in freezer for about 40 minutes to speed it up!

Whip the rest of your cream (with added sugar and vanilla) and decorate the top of your pie or serve with it on top.

Enjoy a yummy yummy pie!

No comments: