Friday, September 16, 2011

Perfect Diner Pancakes

I lost my camera to my husband this weekend.  So unfortunately my kids don't get to laugh at me for taking pictures of my food and you don't get to see a wonderful picture of a pancake!
I know we all know what a pancake looks like, so just imagine that picture here!  I was enticed by the recipe name "Perfect Diner" pancake and had to try them.  We do Breakfast Wednesdays at my house and also with school I try really hard to cook more than cereal for breakfast on school mornings (like that I cook cereal~which consists of grabbing a box out of the pantry!) so I am always looking for that great pancake recipe.
I have found a few and have even used some mixes lately.  I think I have found a favorite!  I think I am done with mixes too!  My kids all liked these pancakes too. 
They are fluffy and have great flavor and super yummy!  I don't know how they compare to a diner pancake so much because I am more of a waffle gal when we go out to breakfast!  I do believe the title though, they were perfectly yummy!!

Perfect Diner Pancakes
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup Malted Milk Powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cups milk (I added more after mixing because it seemed to thick)
  • 1 extra large egg (I used a large egg, which may be why I needed more milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp melted butter
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat.

In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.  In a smaller bowl, combine/whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla until frothy.

Add the milk mixture to your dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.  Now add your melted butter and whisk until completely incorporated.  (I added some more milk here, about a tbsp at a time until desired thickness)

Allow the pancake batter to rest for about 3-5 minutes to thicken.  (Mine was already thick, but I did let it rest!)

Now cook those lovely pancakes on your hot griddle and feel good about sending your kids to school having a great breakfast!  Top with syrup or our ever favorite peanut butter and syrup on top of that!  or strawberry jam or all sorts of other yumminess!  Makes about 8-10 pancakes depending on size.

No comments: