Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Cream Cheese Zucchini Soup

I found this recipe in my LDS living magazine.  I thought why not try it since I have quite a few zucchini.  It was super simple and has really good flavor.  You taste the onion soup mix the most, but are getting lots of zucchini without really knowing it!  A good way to eat your veggies!  I will admit that I didn't give this to my kids, but want them to try it!  The magazine stated that it would be a favorite with kids!  You can't really taste the zucchini, so why not give it a try with your kids and some good french bread!
Easy Cream Cheese Zucchini Soup
(LDS Living magazine July/August 2011)
  • 4 cups sliced zucchini
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
  • 1 envelope of onion soup or vegetable soup mix
Cook zucchini in the water until zucchini is tender. 

The directions say to pour into blender.  It didn't specify to put the water in the blender with the zucchini or not.  I drained the water and only added the zucchini.  Mainly because my blender was not big enough to hold both the zucchini and all the water.  If you try keeping the water, let me know how it turns out!

Add the cream cheese and the soup mix.  Blend in blender until smooth.  Once smooth, return to the pot and heat through.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

After eating again, still really like but think this is more of a side soup than a main meal. Would be great with a sandwich. I also thought maybe adding some ground sausage or chunks of zucchini would be good too!