Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry

I have a recipe I have liked for Beef Broccoli, but it was a little more complicated and had some different ingredients than what I have on hand.  So I did a little Internet search and found this one on allrecipes.com.  It had rave reviews!!!  So I tried it and my family loved it!!
Did I say loved it???  Yes and I have had it for lunch this past week and still love it!!
The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil or sesame oil
  • 4 cups broccoli florets
  • 1 small onion, cut into wedges
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • sliced up peppers if desired
  • hot cooked rice
In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp water and garlic powder.  Stir until smooth.  Add beef and toss to coat.

In a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tbsp oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.  It was recommended to use sesame oil, which is what I did.

Stir-fry broccoli and onion (and peppers if adding) in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.  I added more sesame oil to this.

Return beef to pan when veggies are done.

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and 1 tbsp corn starch and water.  Mix until smooth.  Add to pan.

Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.  Serve over rice and enjoy!!

No comments: