Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pineapple-Ginger Flank Steak

I have 3 words to describe this marinade
Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!!
I experimented this one on the extended family and have great success.  It had a super yummy flavor and was simple with ingredients I already had!
Try this one before the summer is out!!
_________________________
Pineapple-Ginger Flank Steak
(Our Best Bites cookbook)
  • 3/4 cup pineapple juice (I opened a can of pineapple and let my kids eat the pineapple and I used the juice!)
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (or I used 1/8 tsp ground ginger)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 6 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
  • Up to 2lbs flank steak
Whisk together the pineapple juice, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil and garlic.

Score flank steak about 1/8 inch deep with a knife diagonally on both sides to tenderize the meat.

Place the steak in a zip-lock bag and pour the marinade over the top.  Refrigerate for 8 hours or over night.

Remove steak from refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.  Grill about 5-10 minutes on each side, depending on how big your steak is and how pink you want it to be.

Let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing and enjoy!!

No comments: