Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat Popcorn Balls

I know it is too late for Halloween this year, but I had to post this for thoughts on next! I also think that candy corns are great through Thanksgiving, so why not give this a try now (if your sugar high is starting to lower!!)!
I found this last year, but didn't get a chance to try until now! I am not a huge candy corn fan, but really liked these. I also think I may try these again with M&M's in it instead!
Trick or Treat Popcorn Balls
(Cooking Light)
  • 8 cups popped light butter microwave popcorn - about 1 bag (I used the full butter!)
  • 1 cup candy corn (or try M&M's)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows
  • Cooking Spray

Combine popcorn and candy corn in a large bowl.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; stir in salt and marshmallows. Reduce heat to low; cook for 7 minutes or until the marshmellows melt and the mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.

Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture, stirring well to coat. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; shape popcorn into balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. You may need to reapply the cooking spray to your hands as you go!

1 comment:

MyKidsEatSquid said...

My popcorn balls seem either to get too hard or to stay soft--sounds like these ones worked well?