Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sugar Cookies

I don't have a picture of these cookies, but they were soft and very yummy!
While I was in Utah, we wanted to decorate sugar cookies with the kids. My dad has a milk allergy so I couldn't use my favorite Sour Cream Sugar Cookie recipe.
My sister's friend gave us this recipe and they were super good too! These are a great alternative to my favorite recipe, especially if you have a milk allergy at your house! (Also there is no putting in the refrigerator time either!)

Sugar Cookies

(a friend in Utah!)

  • 3 cups sifted flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Sift ingredients all together.

Cut in 1 cup butter with a pastry blender or fork. I would recommend cutting your butter up in small pieces to make this easier. Next put in your mixer and add:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend in mixer until incorporated. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.

Frost and enjoy!

No comments: