Saturday, February 20, 2010

Honey Butter

Where has honey butter been my whole life! I know I have had it before, but I have never made it at home! It was a restaurant treat! Now I know why!! Honey Butter is soooooo good and you end up finding yourself eating more bread just to eat the butter! You even put way more on than you would buttering a piece of toast with just butter!
I will definitely be making this again, but I will be practicing more self control and only eat it sparingly! I did half this recipe and it made quite a bit too!
Honey Butter
  • 2 cubes real butter--close to room temp., works best when slightly chilled still
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar

(If your butter is too soft, you'll end up with a gooey mess, so she just left it out on the counter for about 20 minutes or so before beating and it turns out nice and fluffy)

Just place everything in your electric mixer bowl and beat for about 30 seconds. I actually had to beat it longer. Serve at room temp. with anything your heart desires!!!

I placed mine in the refrigerator over night and set it on the counter in the morning and it was soft and spreadable after only about 5 minutes! Super good, make some today!!!!

No comments: