Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mom's Chili

It is feeling "chilly" outside and doesn't that just make you feel like eating "CHILI"!
This is my mom's recipe and it turns out great everytime! I think you could adapt it to go in your crock pot too!!
Mom's Chili
5 cans (15 oz) kidney beans
(other option is to use 1 lb dried kidney beans and soak in 6 cups water overnight)
2 onions chopped (I had large onions and only used 1)
1 clove garlic (I added 2 cloves)
2 lbs ground beef
3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-3 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp paprika
4 cups tomato juice
(I added a can (14.5 oz) of crushed tomatoes or could use diced also)
Cook the ground beef and drain. Add all ingriendients to a stock pot and you may need some water depending on how thick you like it. Simmer together for at least one hour on low. (Or put everything in your crock pot and turn on low for a few hours!)

No comments: