Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Skillet Lasagna

I found this on a blog I love to read, in fact I probably blog stalk it everyday! It is called Sisters Stuff and they have great craft ideas, recipes and lots of other fun stuff!
I had to try this and it was an instant hit! It was super simple and if you often times don't have lasagna noodles, but everything else this is a winner! It was quick too!
Skillet Lasagna
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes (she only adds 1 tsp)
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cups bow tie pasta, UNCOOKED (I probably used 3 cups)
  • 1 cup cottage cheese (strain first)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • dash basil and pepper

In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic; drain.

Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano and salt. Mix well.

Stir in uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover, simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.

Stir in cottage cheese. Cover with the parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with basil and pepper to taste if desired. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Emily tried out this recipe from your blog and my family loved it. I loved that it was quick easy and I had everything I needed on hand. Thanks for sharing!