Monday, July 27, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

I found this recipe on www.mmmcafe.blogspot.com.
I am always trying to find the perfect enchilada recipe, and it seems I keep trying more even when I seem to have a few I like!! I really like this one and in fact so did my kids!

I halved the recipe because of my smaller family and didn't add the jalapeno because I had a whole can of green chilies instead! It turned out perfect, just spicy enough for me and not too spicy for the kids! I always figure you can add jalapenos on top if you want more heat! I am sure the cream on top added to the yumminess too!!

Chicken Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts

1 bullion cube

2 tbsp olive oil

1-4 oz can green chilies

1 jalapeno pepper diced (do as much or as little depending on desired spiciness)

1/4 cup diced onion

1-8 oz package cream cheese

2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese

8 tortillas

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup enchilada sauce

1) Poach your chicken breasts in enough water to cover them with the bullion cube. (I usually put mine in a pan and when it starts boiling, turn it to low and cover for 20 minutes)

2) Saute green chilies, jalapeno pepper, and onion in olive oil.

3) Add cream cheese to sauteed ingredients over medium heat until melted. Then add 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese and heat until melted. Add shredded chicken.

4) Stuff the tortillas with your mixture and place them in a 9 x 13 pan. Top with heavy cream, enchilada sauce and remaining cheese.

5) Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 15-30 minutes, depending on preference of cheese crispiness.

6) Serve with whatever mexican toppings you like...sour cream, olives, green peppers, tomatoes, salsa, rice, etc....

No comments: