Sunday, July 26, 2009

Best Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this recipe on a blog I like to frequent that tells you where all the good deals are around! Recently peanut butter was a great deal, and so she had lots and lots of peanut butter recipes. I had to make 4 dozen cookies for Pioneer day, so I decided to try this recipe, since I knew it had to make lots!! Well it does, so unless you have lots of friends to share with, or deliveries to make, I might half the recipe next time!
It was a great cookie though, really moist and very good!
Best Peanut Butter Cookies
from krazy coupon lady
1 cup butter
1 cup butter flavored shortening (I didn't have this and used margarine instead)
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar, packed
4 eggs
3 cups creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Cream the butter, butter flavored shortening (or margarine in my case), and sugars. Add eggs and blend. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
Measure out tablespoons or dough and roll into balls. (I used my cookie scoop for this part) Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make criss-cross patterns with fork.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until set, but not hard. DO NOT OVERBAKE!! Leave on sheets for 2 minutes before removing. Cool, and store in covered containers.
(This made enough for my 4 dozen needed plus maybe 4 dozen more, it made alot!!!)

No comments: