Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Super Simple Banana Cream Pie

Well the filling is super simple, but I have yet to say making a crust is super simple! But you can always buy one at the store or keep practicing as I am doing! I found this in my recipe box, one my mom gave me, but not sure where it originated before that! It turned out super yummy and a good way to use bananas if you ask me!
Banana Cream Pie
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 cups milk
2-3 bananas, sliced
_______________________
Bake a pie crust. (I used the recipe in the Betty Crocker cook book)
Cream together the 1/2 cup milk and cream cheese (better to leave the cream cheese out of the fridge for a while too).
In separate container, mix together the pudding and 2 cups of milk.
Fold the cream cheese mixture into the pudding/milk mixture. Add vanilla.
Place bananas on bottom of pie shell--enough banans slices to completely layer bottom.
Add pie filling on top of bananas and refrigerate until set up!

No comments: