Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cowboy Quesadillas

I found this recipe on Our Best Bites website.  They always have great recipes and they are usually recipes with ingredients that I have on hand!
This one was the same!  My family all liked this, but I will say it was just an easy revved up version of a quesadilla.  My kids ate them, but didn't really like the dipping sauce.  I liked it too, but thought next time I might try substituting the barbecue sauce with sour cream.
All the ingredients are good together and I liked the barbecue sauce, but I think I would prefer sour cream!
Very easy and a way to make a quesadilla more of a meal than just cheese!  Also a great way to use leftovers!
Cowboy Quesadillas
  • 1/2 cup white rice
  • 1/3 cup black beans
  • 1 cup diced cooked chicken
  • 1/3 cup fresh frozen corn (no need to thaw)
  • 2/3 cup diced tomato (didn't add~I don't like tomatoes!)
  • 3 tbsp sliced green onions
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese ~ any type you like!
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (or try sour cream!)
  • small tortillas, fajita size
Combine rice, beans, chicken, corn, tomato, green onion and shredded cheese.  Add barbecue sauce (or sour cream) and stir to combine.  Place about 1/3 of the mixture on half of a tortilla and fold over to close.

Heat a skillet to medium heat.  When hot, spray with cooking spray and place your filled tortilla on top.  Cook until golden brown or slightly crisp and turn over to cook on other side!

Serve with a barbecue dipping sauce (equal parts barbecue sauce and ranch dressing) or try more sour cream, guacamole, or salsa and enjoy!

No comments: