Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos

I found this recipe in a coupon insert in the Sunday paper. It is funny what you find when you are looking for good coupons to help save a little money!!
It looked good and used the crock pot so I was sold to try it (well I have had this recipe for about a month and finally got around to trying it!)!
It is super easy and turned out really moist and good. I used a frozen roast, so maybe that added more liquid.
I changed the recipe a little and we had great tacos tonight!

Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos

(from Sunday paper coupon insert)
  • 1 taco seasoning packet

  • 1 1/2 lb beef chuck roast (or whatever beef roast you have will probably work)

  • 1 medium onion, sliced

  • 1 cup water

  • 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies (I ended up not adding these)

  • taco sauce

Place beef roast and onion in your crock pot. Combine water and taco seasoning mix in a small bowl. Pour over beef and onions. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until fork tender or can shred easily.

Transfer beef to cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Place in large bowl and stir in taco sauce and chilies (I didn't add any sauce or chilies. I just wanted a hint of taco flavor.)

Fill warm tortillas with beef and other yummy additions--lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sourcream, refried beans, salsa, etc. I also made the yummy black bean and corn salad and ate that with tortilla chips and put it in our tacos. You can find that recipe in the salad section! ENJOY!!!

No comments: