Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken Chimichangas

I made this last week and didn't get a picture! My family loves this and it is quick and easy meal! The nice thing is I usually have all the ingredients on hand!
___________________________
Chicken Chimichangas
(my sister gave this to me, so I don't know where it came from!)
2 1/2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (I just use what I have on hand, and its still great)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can chopped green chilies
1 (16 oz) can refried beans (I also like to substitute and use black beans)
6 flour tortillas
  • Preheat oven to 500 degrees
  • Combine first 6 ingredients. Spread beans down center of tortilla (beans uncooked), top with chicken mixture. Roll up and place on a greased cookie sheet seam side down. Spray tops with cooking spray and Bake for 7 minutes or until browned on top.
  • Serve with salsa, sour cream, chips, rice, anything you want!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Emily Thanks for a quick dinner idea. My kids enjoyed these chimichangas. I loved how quick it was to assemble and LOVED the high cooking temp and short baking time.