Friday, May 29, 2009

Martha's Granola

Melissa gave me this recipe to try and I have heard it is really good! I will be trying it soon!

Martha's Granola ( I got the recipe from Martha Checketts)

5lbs. Old Fashioned Oats (2 boxes or 30 cups)
1 Lg. Bag of Coconut
2 C. Chopped pecans, almonds (whatever type of nuts you like)
1 oz. Sesame Seeds
Stir together in a large bowl.

Melt over medium heat...don't boil:
2c. Honey
2 lbs. Brown Sugar (6 cups)
4Tbsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 Lbs. Butter or Margarine (I use both)

Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir well. Spread into greased
cake pans. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes (Till lightly golden...sometimes it is between 20-25 minutes depending upon the pans I use)
Stir every 10 minutes. (You can use jelly roll pans, but I like the taller edges so I don't spill!
Spread on the counter to cool...Can add raisins or other dried fruit after it is cooled.

I usually half the recipe...it grows - so one container of oatmeal usually ends up to fill almost two containers after cooking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it suppose to be 2 boxes or 30 cups of old fashioned granola or oats? Just wondering??

Emily S. said...

One container of oats is about 15 cups so both are right, 2 containers or boxes = 30 cups!
I think the measurement in cups is in case you are using a #10 can of oats or bulk!

Anonymous said...

In the post you put 2 boxes of old fashioned granola...I think it should be oats....?