Friday, May 22, 2009

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I am a total chocolate lover and so when I saw this recipe I had to try it right away! Luckily I had some way way tooo ripe bananas on my counter and was able to whip this up pronto!
Very very yummy, especially if you like a little banana with your chocolate!


Double Chocolate Banana Bread
from Sisters Cafe
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
______________________________
Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. (I used 2 loaf pans for mine)
Beat sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in bananas and vanilla at low speed. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; beat into banana mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into pan or pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (my 2 loaf pans took about 45 minutes, so check your time early!) Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and enjoy!

No comments: