Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quiche

This is a recipe from my mom (I don't know where it originated!) that she made when we were kids! I have always liked quiche, but have figured out that it is not always a kid favorite! I think my children dislike the swiss cheese!
I really like it and thought I would share! It is a great breakfast, dinner or even for a brunch, just maybe make sure you are feeding adults and have something else the kids may enjoy more!
Quiche

1 10" pie crust
1 cup grated swiss cheese
4 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup thinly sliced onion
6 strips bacon, cooked (or you can use ham)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
optional ingredients: cooked spinach, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms etc.


1. Bake pie shell for 8 minutes at 400 degrees
2. Meanwhile, saute onions
3. Line bottom of crust with cheese, onions, and bacon or ham or whatever mix ins you want
4. Combine eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over pie crust
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes; after 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes more, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

No comments: