We are carnivores at our house and nothing seems to be better than a good cooked steak! (or one that is Todd endorsed!!)
Well I also love a meal where part of it involves cooking outside by my husband! Nothing better than having a little help with dinner!
This steak had great flavor and was really tender! My husband usually prefers meat flavor instead of marinade, but even he liked this a lot!
We ate it with rice and it was loved by all!
Asian Inspired Flat Iron Steak
(From Pioneer Woman Black heels to Tractor Wheels book)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry (or 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar & then add water to make 1/2 cup of mixture for a substitute)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 heaping tbsp minced ginger (or I used powder)
- 2 tbsp (3-5 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 flat iron steaks
- Can garnish with roasted sesame seeds and slivered green onions
Whisk all the ingredients, except steaks! :)
Place the steaks and marinade in a Ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours. Then grill them to your preferred doneness!
Allow your steaks to rest for 5 minutes and then enjoy! And sprinkle some of the garnish if you desire!