Monday, May 24, 2010

Rotisserie Chicken - Crockpot Style

I got this recipe from Melissa W. who got it from Heather S.! Yes a long chain, but good recipes are always worth finding! This chicken had great flavor and it fell apart when it was done! I have to admit, I think I am not a whole chicken fan! Something about all the bones and parts, I am just not to fond of dealing with! I will say though that this recipe is a keeper and I will definitely make again! If I don't buy another whole chicken for a while, I think I will use this to rub onto chicken breasts!
_________________________________
Rotisserie Chicken - Crockpot Style
  • 1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
  • 2 tsp kosher salt (if you want it as salty as the ones in the store, add another 1 tsp)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder

Place whole chicken in a crock pot. A 6 quart crockpot fits a 5 lb bird nicely! (don't forget to rinse your chicken and get the neck and other stuff out of the center!)

In a bowl, combine all of the dried spices. Rub the mixture all over the bird, inside and out. Place the chicken back into the crock pot, breast side down.

Do not add water!

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours. The meat is done when it is fully cooked and has reached desired tenderness. The longer you cook it, the more tender the meat!

No comments: