Monday, November 8, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

I found this recipe on Sisters Stuff and it had rave reviews from her and many other commenters. I am always loving a new idea to do with chicken!
This was a very good recipe, my children were a little skeptical because of all the poppy seeds, but they did eat it! I did saute the chicken in a skillet instead of poach it, and I like the taste of the chicken better that way~
Poppy Seed Chicken
  • 4-6 chicken breasts, boiled and cubed (or browned in a skillet)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Ritz Crackers (I used about 1/2-3/4 of a sleeve)
  • 1/2 cube butter, or 1/4 cup
  • 1 tbsp poppy seeds

In a casserole dish, place cubed chicken.

Heat soup and sour cream together, but not to boiling. Pour over chicken.

Melt butter. Crush crackers. Add crackers and poppy seeds into melted butter and mix together. Sprinkle on top of soup mixture.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over rice!

No comments: